There are various kind of leaderships which we had already discussed in our previous blog Leadership styles.
Pseudo-transformational leaders are the opposite of authentic transformational leaders. Authentic transformational leaders, characterized by people like Steve Jobs at Apple and Jack Welch at GE, have the charisma to get people to want to follow them and turn floundering companies into prosperous ones. Pseudo-transformational leaders also have charisma and are also successful at getting followers. But while authentic transformational leaders drive long-standing corporate turn-arounds, pseudo-transformational leaders tend to make short-term gains that ultimately result in long-term costs.
Hitler is the best example this kind of leadership. Please find some the characteristics of this kind of leaders.
- seek to become the idols
- concerned about their power
- enhance their status by maintaining distance
- welcome and expect blind obedience
- privately contemptuous of those they are supposed to be serving
- masters at manipulating behind the scenes
- set and control agenda
- withhold information
- mislead, deceive and prevaricate.
- not likely to listen to conflicting views